Home | Hello guest,
New Customer? About Us | Contact Us | Help Center
Trusted Guarantee Fast Shipping
Become Our Fan Follow Us Shopping Cart (0)

Hydrofarm JSV4 4-Foot Jump Start T5 Grow Light System

Saturday 17 March 2012

Product Details

• Product Dimensions: 48 x 10 x 24 inches ; 14.1 pounds
  • Shipping Weight: 10 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
  • Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
  • ASIN: B0001XLSGQ
  • Item model number: HYFJSV4

By : Hydrofarm
List Price : $79.95
Price : $59.99
You Save : $19.96 (25%)

Product Description

The 4 ft wide Jump Start T5 Grow Light System is ideal for seedlings, cuttings, flowers and house plants. The super efficient T5 lights help you grow faster by providing 15-20% more lumens than traditional grow lights. It features a simple toggle clamp for easy lamp height adjustment, and the fixture has an internal reflective finish that directs more light to plants. Ideal for African Violets, orchids, flowering bulbs, vegetables, seedlings and cuttings. Super easy assembly.

Product Ads from External Websites(What's this?)
Sponsored Content
Page 1 of 2 (Start Over)

• Lights of America 65 Watt Fluorex Bulb Dusk to Dawn Yard Light w...
    3.4 out of 5 stars(7)
    $46.99
    + $9.59 Est. shipping
    Ace Hardware

• Single T5 Fluorescent Fixture w/ Tube 24"
    4.0 out of 5 stars(1)
    $23.48
    + $10.99 Est. shipping
    Igrowa Hydroponics

• Coralife 65W 6700K Straight Pin Compact Fluorescent Lamp (54095)
    $28.99
    No Shipping Info
    PetFenceUSA

• Light Stand
    $102.00
    No Shipping Info
    IDville

• Hydro Systems Alyssa Combo System 78" x 48" x 20" ALY7848ACO-IB
    $4,543.76
    + $139.00 Est. shipping
    eFaucet

See a problem with these advertisements?Let us know
Advertise here

Product Features

• Light system for starting seeds, propagating cuttings, and growing indoor flowers and houseplants
  • Feather-touch height-adjustment mechanism raises or lowers fixture easily; energy efficient
  • Premium-quality UL/CSA-listed fluorescent fixture with wide reflector provides maximum coverage
  • T5 high output grow light fixture and bulb. 6' grounded cord with on/off switch
  • Measures approximately 50 by 18-1/2 by 30 inches; full 1-year warranty

Customer Reviews

Just received and assembled this product today. I'm not sure why others have posted about poor quality and flimsy construction of this product. I am very satisfied with the construction and sturdiness. This product is exactly what I expected for the price, product description, and pictures.
I did notice that there are 3 very similar hydrofarm 4 foot grow systems listed on amazon, with a $15 price-range difference. This is the most expensive of the three. The only difference I can tell from the written description is that this product is described as having a premium light fixture. The pictures look the same. One of the other 4 foot hydrofarm systems received a few positive reviews.
Assembly required a philips head screwdriver, pair of pliers, and about 5 minutes of my time. One screw is used to connect each of the two vertical supports to the base cross-bars. Due to the shape and construction of the parts, this fit is tight and secure. Then each of the vertical side bars slips into the top piece (metal button is pressed and then releases into a hole on the top piece). Then you attach the light fixture itself, by hooking nylon string with s hooks attached to the top to either end of the light fixture. Pliers are used to close s hooks. The light is raised and lowered with the nylon string, very similar to a heavy venetian blind. It would be nice if the nylon string were a tad thicker, but it is sufficient for the job.
Overall, I am very happy with this product and would recommend it.

I have had this light set-up for a few years now, and still love it. The original fluorescent fixture conked out after 2 or 3 years' use, but a $10 shoplight fixture from a hardware store replaced it seamlessly. The stand is very light, and slightly aggravating to put together the first time, but it does the job beautifully. It is the easiest to adjust of all lighting systems I've used, allowing one-handed movement of the light up or down, making it great for seed starting. The one-handed-ness is made possible via some coiled metal strips within the cross-bar that create tension on the two strings or chains that connect to the sides of the light fixture. If you have to remove the fluorescent fixture for bulb replacement or storage, I recommend that you hook the two strings or chains to one another to avoid having to reassemble the tensioning mechanism, which can be annoying.
This, plus a few heat mats and a small fan on a timer are all I've needed to start and grow thousands of strong seedlings in my tiny apartment, populating the neighborhood with flowers and veges for years now!

Related Product

Aviditi 48-Inch Wide by 48-Inch Deep by 79-Inch High, Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent
CocoTek Hydroponic Organic Wheatgrass Growing Kit - Grow Wheat Grass without Dirt / Soil
View

0 comments:

Post a Comment