Home | Hello guest,
New Customer? About Us | Contact Us | Help Center
Trusted Guarantee Fast Shipping
Become Our Fan Follow Us Shopping Cart (0)

Hydrofarm JSV2 2-Foot Jump Start T5 Grow Light System

Thursday 22 March 2012

Product Details

• Product Dimensions: 24 x 10 x 18 inches ; 6 pounds
  • Shipping Weight: 7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
  • Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
  • ASIN: B0006856EQ
  • Item model number: HYFJSV2

By : Hydrofarm
List Price : $74.95
Price : $49.99
You Save : $24.96 (33%)

Product Description

The 2 ft wide Jump Start T5 Grow Light System is ideal for seedlings, cuttings, flowers and house plants. The super efficient T5 lights help you grow faster by providing 15-20% more lumens than traditional grow lights. It features a simple toggle clamp for easy lamp height adjustment, and the fixture has an internal reflective finish that directs more light to plants. Ideal for African Violets, orchids, flowering bulbs, vegetables, seedlings and cuttings. Super easy assembly.

Product Ads from External Websites(What's this?)
Sponsored Content
Page 1 of 2 (Start Over)

• Standard 3-Tier SunLite® Garden
    $619.00
    + $74.28 Est. shipping
    Gardener's Supply Company

• Hydrofarm Designer T5 System 4 Foot 8 Tube Fluorescent Grow Ligh...
    $239.99
    + Free Shipping
    Hayneedle

• Plantmax T-5 24W 6500K 24 Inch Grow Bulb
    $7.95
    No Shipping Info
    SOSLightBulbs

• Heat Trak HRT11-72B 11in x 72in Industrial Heating Stair Mat
    $224.06
    + Free Shipping
    home_perfect

• Heat Trak HRT11-72 11in x 72in Industrial Heating Stair Mat
    $219.83
    + Free Shipping
    home_perfect

See a problem with these advertisements?Let us know
Advertise here

Product Features

• Easily adjustable light height for growing plants
  • Great for African violets, other houseplants and for getting an early start with garden vegetables
  • Sturdy, durable and energy efficient
  • T5 high output grow light fixture and bulb. 6' grounded cord with on/off switch
  • Super easy assembly

Customer Reviews

I ordered the JSV2 2' grow light jump start system and it arrived pretty quickly and set up was a breeze. All you really need is a screw driver and common sense. I put it together in about 10 minutes and the pully system for the light comes already assembled and works great.
It also comes with a 24 watt T5 6400k High output fluorescent bulb which is already installed upon arrival. The 6400k bulb is a very efficient low heat bulb which is designed to promote overall growth in the plant. Because it is a low heat emitting bulb you can place the light source a couple inches from the plants to prevent the loss of light.
This is not a complex system, it is simple and efficient. For the price it would be hard to find a package which comes with a stand, a reflective fixture, a good bulb, easy adjustment, and easy assembly. It is a good first step into the grow light world which is vast and and many times confusing. I also found that it isn't really that flimsy. The product isn't industrial grade but the light fixture is sturdy and so is the stand if you put it together correctly.
I will be growing venus fly traps when they arrive and I have researched grow light systems quite a bit. This system will only cost me $1.50 cents to run per month. The calculation can be done by taking the 24 Watts and dividing it by 1000 to get KW. Then multiply that number by how much the electric company charges per Kilowatt hour. That is the price it will cost to power the light for one hour. Then multiply that number for one hour by however many hours you will run it during the day. Then just multiply the cost of one day by 30 days and you have how much it will cost you to run the system for a month.
For example here is mine 24W/1000 = .024
.024 x .1484 (cost per kWh) = .0035616 cents per hour (less than 1 cent an hour). .0035616 x 14 hours = .0498624 dollars per day (about 5 cents). .0498624 x 30 = 1.50 per month. So my light run for 14 hours will cost one dollar and fifty cents per month. This is assuming that the light runs at 24 Watts per hour.
When I was shopping for grow lights online I found a very helpful website that includes a much better description on the Jump Start grow light and has a lot of technical and very helpful information on plant lighting. littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/lights2.shtmljsfixture.
The website has a grow lighting guide and also contains the calculation above. It was by far the most helpful website when considering this purchase. It includes a good bit of information about the T5 6400k bulb and the Jump Start from HydroFarm.

I was a little afraid to order this because of previous reviews, but found this item to be perfect for what I wanted to use it for. Set up is easy, fast and works just great. Maybe not the most high quality product for the price, but other ones out there are much more expensive and are basically the same. This is just a simple way to get light to your seedlings for a couple months before planting outside. The light raises and lowers just as advertised. Works Great. Would buy it again.

Related Product

Green Toys Indoor Gardening Kit
100/0.01g Digital Pocket Scale Gram, Ounce, Carat, Grain
View

0 comments:

Post a Comment